While all other variants of the LG G3 are enjoying the TWRP Recovery, then how can the Canadian variant be left out? The said variant has also been blessed with TWRP and here’s how you can install it on your device.
Installing the TWRP Recovery on the Canadian LG G3 is extremely easy and takes no more than a few minutes. Here’s how:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please check out our how to root the Canadian LG G3 tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. This only works on Windows-based computers.
3. Download and install the LG USB Drivers on your computer, if you don’t already have them.
4. Download Minimal ADB to your computer. You will use it to execute commands on your device.
5. Download TWRP Recovery Image for the D852 to your computer. It is the custom recovery image that will be installed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G3 (Canada)
1. Right-click on Minimal ADB and select Extract here to extract the files.
2. On your device, open Menu followed by Settings. Scroll all the way down and tap on Developer options. Then, turn on the USB debugging option.
If you don’t see Developer options in your settings menu, please head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. You should then be able to see the aforesaid option in your settings menu.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Copy TWRP Recovery Image from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device. Make sure you aren’t copying it to the external storage or it won’t work.
5. Launch a CMD window where the extracted ADB files are located. To do so, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
6. Type in the following command into CMD and press Enter. Make sure to replace RECOVERYNAME.img with the real name of the recovery image that you have downloaded.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/RECOVERYNAME.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
7. Ignore the errors, if you get any.
8. Wait for it to install the recovery on your device.
9. When it’s done installing, reboot your device.
10. You’re done!
Your Canadian LG G3 is now rocking TWRP Recovery that lets you do many things on your device. From flashing a custom ROM to taking a backup of your current ROM, you can do it all with TWRP.