Not only is TWRP available for the US variants (AT&T and T-Mobile) of the LG G3, but it’s also available for the European variant of the LG G3. What that means for the users of this device is that they can now get all of their favorite custom ROMs and custom kernels running on their device, all with the help of this custom recovery.
Here’s how you can install TWRP Recovery on your LG G3 (Europe):
Files You Need
1. Your LG G3 must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please check out our how to root the LG G3 (Europe) tutorial to learn how you can gain root-access on your device.
2. This should only work on a Windows-based computer.
3. This only works for the D855 variant of the device.
4. You should have LG USB drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t, go ahead and install those first.
5. Download Minimal ADB to your computer. It will be used to execute commands on your device.
6. Download TWRP Recovery Image to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be installed on your device.
Installing a TWRP Recovery on the LG G3 (Europe)
1. Extract files from Minimal ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Turn on USB debugging on your device by going to Menu->Settings->Developer options.
If you don’t see Developer options in your settings menu, please head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. You should then be able to see the aforesaid option in your settings menu.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Copy TWRP Recovery Image from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
5. When it’s copied, do not disconnect your phone from your computer.
6. Launch a CMD window where you have extracted ADB. To do so, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
7. Type in the following command into the CMD window hitting Enter after each line. Make sure to replace RECOVERYNAME.img with the real name of the TWRP Recovery Image that you have downloaded.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/RECOVERYNAME.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
8. Wait for it to install the recovery on your device.
9. When it’s done installing, reboot your device.
10. You’re done!
A custom recovery has been successfully installed on your European variant of the LG G3. You should be able to get access to it using the Quick Boot app on your device. Enjoy!