Did you ever think of changing the whole OS on your Maximus Max 908? If so, you’re a great thinker. With the help of a custom recovery, it’s possible to change the stock firmware on your device and make it run something else, CyanogenMod, for example.
You won’t be able to flash a custom ROM on your device unless you already have a custom recovery. The following tutorial shows how you can install a custom recovery on the Maximus Max 908 so you can then go and enjoy your favorite custom ROMs on your device.
Here you go:
Files You Need
1. You must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery. Please follow our how to root the Maximus Max 908 tutorial to root your device, and then come back here and continue.
2. Download CWM Recovery for your device on your computer. This is the custom recovery that will be installed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Maximus Max 908
1. Connect your phone to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
2. Copy CWM Recovery from your computer over to the root folder on your SD card. We chose root folder because it’ll be easier to find it at a later time than putting it into a folder deep down the directories.
3. Disconnect your phone from your computer when the recovery is copied.
4. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools app on your device.
5. When the app is installed, open it from your app drawer.
6. Tap on the Recovery update button in the app.
7. Select CWM Recovery you copied earlier to your device.
8. Wait for the app to install the recovery on your device.
9. When the recovery has been installed, reboot your device.
10. You’re all set!
That’s all there is to it.
Your Maximus Max 908 is now rocking a popular custom recovery that will let you do dozens of new things on your device. Have a good time with it!
Likewise, if you want to know how to enter the recovery mode, just read how to boot the Maximus Max 908 into the custom recovery mode.