What you can do with a custom recovery on your Micromax A91 Ninja cannot be done with alone root-access, flashing a custom ROM, for example. There are many things that you can do with a custom recovery on your phone. Some of those are listed below.
A custom recovery allows you to flash a customized version of Android on your phone — often called a custom ROM. These kind of ROMs bring a bunch of new features and interfaces for you to enjoy on your phone. And fortunately, these come pre-rooted so you don’t need to go through the hassle of rooting them.
So, that all starts with root. Here’s how to root:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. Please head to our how to root the Micromax A91 Ninja tutorial to learn how you can root your phone.
- This should flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Micromax A91 Ninja
- Extract recovery.img from TWRP Recovery by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy recovery.img from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When recovery.img is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Launch Google Play on your phone and search for and tap on Mobileuncle MTK Tools.
- Install the Mobileuncle MTK Tools app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Recovery update in the app.
- Select the recovery.img file that you copied earlier to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompts and wait for it to install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- When the app’s done installing recovery, reboot your phone.
- You’re all set!
TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your Micromax A91 Ninja and you can reboot into the same using Volume UP and Power key combination on your phone.