As the time passes by, you start to get bored with your device as it’s no longer as much exciting for you as it once was. Well, that boredom can be killed if you just install a custom recovery and root your device. Yes, that applies to you – the Micromax FunBook owners.
If you install a recovery on your Micromax FunBook, you can then enjoy root-access on your device which then lets you enjoy plethora of root-requiring apps on your device. If that still bores you, you have an opportunity to flash your device with a custom ROM to change everything on your device in one go. From the launcher to the how your system works, everything gets changed when you flash a custom ROM.
So for you guys, here’s how you can install CWM – a custom recovery on your device:
Files You Need
- You need to have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial.
- Download and install ADB drivers on your computer, if they aren’t already installed.
- This should flash ClockworkMod – CWM – Recovery on your device.
- Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It’s the recovery that will be flashed on your device.
- This should only work for the Micromax FunBook.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Micromax FunBook
- Unzip files from CWM Recovery to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here. You should get two archives after extraction.
- Right-click on the CWM Recovery archive and select Extract here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu->Settings->Developer options. You just need to tap the toggle and the option will be enabled.
- Connect your FunBook to your computer using a USB cable.
- Now, right-click on Recovery-install.bat and select Run as administrator. The recovery installer should launch.
- Press 1 on your keyboard and hit Enter. It’s for installing the recovery on your device.
- Wait for the tool to install CWM Recovery on your device.
- When the tool’s done installing recovery, reboot your device.
- You’re all set!
CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on your Micromax FunBook and you can reboot into the same using Home and Power key combination on your device.
Well, this newly installed custom recovery can help you gain root-access on your device. If you’re interested, follow our how to root the Micromax FunBook tutorial to learn how you can do that.