Most people are preferring to install the Team Win recovery project (TWRP) on their devices over ClockworkMod recovery these days. Sometimes you do not have a choice which recovery you can install on your devices — you just have to roll with whatever developer made a custom recovery to work with your device. Those with the Nook Color device get a treat today by installing the TWRP recovery.
TWRP does all of the same things as the other custom recoveries like CWM recovery. The only difference is that it comes with a more user-friendly touch-based recovery environment where you can tap on the devices display to push the buttons just like you would from any Android tablet. The other recoveries all have the Power button and the Volume buttons for navigating through the menu. If you are familiar with the stock recovery then you won’t mind using the Volume keys and the Power key on your device for navigating since it works the same way. However, most people prefer the modernistic touch that Team Win’s recovery version brings to devices.
The Files You Need
- Download the TWRP manager app from here.
– it might be easier if you open the Google Play Store and install the application depending on your situation.
- You can only use the TWRP manager app if your Nook Color already has root access.
- Moreover, you are voiding the warranty on your device by installing a custom recovery. It doesn’t matter what custom version you choose, installing them does void the warranty. You may uninstall it or return back to the stock version later and the warranty gets restored with that.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Nook Color
- Download and install the TWRP manager application on your device.
- Open the app from your app drawer after the app finishes downloading.
- Choose the Recovery option from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of your new recovery.
That’s all you need; you can now anytime boot the device into that new custom recovery mode by using the same hardware keys you would have used to enter the stock recovery. You can learn how to enter custom recovery mode on Android devices by reading out dedicated article for that job if you cannot get it to work from the hardware keys.