What comes after rooting your Oppo Find 5? Well, normally it’s the custom recovery that most people flash after rooting their Android device. People do so so that they get the ability to flash various custom developments on their device, ranging from custom ROMs to custom kernels.
If you’re rooted, you can use the guide below to install a custom recovery on your Oppo Find 5:
Files You Need
1. Make sure your device is rooted before doing this tutorial. If you aren’t rooted, please head to our how to root the Oppo Find 5 tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. This should flash TWRP Recovery on your device.
3. You don’t need a computer to be able to do this tutorial as the recovery can directly be downloaded and installed on the device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Oppo Find 5
1. Launch Google Play on your device and search for and tap on TWRP Manager.
2. Install the TWRP Manager app on your device.
3. When the app is installed, open it from your app drawer. It’ll be on the last screen on your device.
4. When the app launches, tap the button that says Install Recovery as it is what allows you to install a recovery on your device.
5. Select Find 5 from the device list available on your screen.
6. Hit the button that says Install Recovery to install the recovery on your device.
7. Wait for the app to download and install the recovery on your device.
8. When the app’s done installing recovery, reboot your device.
9. And you’re all done!
TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your Oppo Find 5 and booting into the same can be done using the Quick Boot app.
If you’ve always wanted to flash a custom ROM on your device, you can do so now as your device is fully compatible with it.