Flashing a custom recovery on your Oppo R5 has many benefits, such as it’ll let you flash a custom ROM or a custom kernel on your device. More often than not, custom developments come in the form of recovery flashable zips, so you must have a recovery on your device before you can enjoy these developments on your device.
If you’re wondering how you could install a custom recovery on your Oppo R5, the guide below should help you:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can do the following tutorial. Please head to our how to root the Oppo R5 tutorial to root your device, then come back here and continue.
2. This should install TWRP Recovery on your device.
3. A computer is not necessary to do the following tutorial.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Oppo R5
1. Open Google Play on your device and search for and tap on TWRP Manager. It’s a free app.
2. Download and install the TWRP Manager app on your device.
3. When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer. It should be last in the app menu on your device.
4. When the app launches, you’ll see an option saying Install Recovery. Tap on it to install TWRP on your device.
5. Choose your device — r5 — from the device’s list shown on the screen.
6. Tap on Install Recovery to install the recovery on your device.
7. Wait for the app to download and install TWRP Recovery on your device.
8. When it’s done installing recovery, reboot your device.
9. You’re all done!
Your Oppo R5 now has a custom recovery installed on it. You can quickly reboot into the newly installed recovery using either TWRP Manager or Quick Boot. Both should do the same job for you.