The first thing that you should do after rooting your Oppo R7 is flash a custom recovery on it. That’ll help you utilize the true power of root-access on your phone by letting you make full backups of your system, install custom ROMs, install custom kernels, wipe data, and the list goes on.
TWRP, a popular custom recovery, is now available for the Oppo R7 and the guide below should help you install it on your phone. Once it’s up and running, you should be all ready to get started with custom ROMs.
And here you go:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please follow our how to root the Oppo R7 tutorial to learn how you can root your phone.
- This should flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- You don’t need a computer to do this tutorial as the recovery installer can directly be downloaded and installed on the phone.
- This should only work on the Oppo R7.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Oppo R7
- Launch Google Play store on your phone.
- Search for and tap on TWRP Manager (Root).
- Install the TWRP Manager (Root) app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Install TWRP in the app.
- Choose your device from the list given on your screen. Yours is r7f, so tap on that one.
- Tap on Install Recovery in the app.
- Wait for the app to download and install the recovery on your phone. It should do everything by itself.
- When it’s done installing the recovery, reboot your phone.
- You’re done!
You’re all set to enjoy your favourite custom ROMs on your Oppo R7 as you now have a custom recovery up and running on your phone. Enjoy!