Rooted users of the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime rejoice, as you guys now have a custom recovery available for your phone. Yes, the TWRP team has just made its custom recovery available for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. And the entire procedure to flash the recovery on your phone is given below.
Once a custom recovery’s up and running on your phone, you should be just a single step away from transforming your phone to something that it never was. I’m referring to a custom ROM that can change entirely change the system and the interface on your phone in one go.
Related Reading: Best Custom ROMs For The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
If you’re curious, here’s how to do that:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please head to our how to root the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime tutorial to learn how you can root your phone.
- You must have access to a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows computer, if they aren’t already installed.
- Download Odin to your computer. It should help you flash a custom recovery on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It’s the recovery that will be installed on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
- First of all, uncompress files from Odin over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Double-click on Odin executable and it will launch.
- Click on PDA in the Odin and select TWRP Recovery .tar available on your computer. It’s the recovery file that will be flashed on your Galaxy Core Prime device.
- Uncheck Repartition if it’s already checked in the Odin.
- You can checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, though.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in download mode. You can do that by holding down Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and Power buttons together.
- Press Volume UP and your phone should be in download mode.
- Plug in your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Hit Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- When Odin’s done flashing recovery, your phone will automatically reboot.
- You’re done!
That’s all there is to it.
The TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime and you can use it to flash a custom ROM on your phone. All you need to do now is learn how to boot the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime into the custom recovery mode first.