These are the steps to installing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone. Now that you have a root and recovery working for this E5 handset, you can take your customizing of the operating system the whole nine yards.
A custom recovery is most often used to get root access on Android. Most Samsung devices are not dependent on the recovery for rooting though since they get looked after by the CF-Root tool which is made by Chainfire. On that note, Samsung owners probably use a custom recovery more often than not for installing custom ROMs. The other main reasons is taking those complete backups without the need of any adb commands. You can do that by tapping over the Backup button you will see from the main menu of your TWRP recovery. Most of you will know the name already as a NANDroid Backup.
Here’s how to install your custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 device using the Odin flashing tool:
Files You Need
- Download your custom recovery for the E5 from this page.
- Download the latest version of the Odin flash tool.
- Download the universal ADB Driver for your computer from this page.
- Sometimes the files do not flash with the Odin flashing tool. If that’s happening to you and you don’t know what to do, you can head back to our Odin downloads page and download an older versions of the same. You will find that eventually one of the Odin versions will work.
- You must be using a Windows PC to follow this guide. You can use any operating system ranging from Windows XP through to Windows 10 and up in the future.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5
- Download the TWRP recovery package for the E5 from the files section above and place it on the desktop of your Windows PC.
- Download the Odin flash tool and place it on the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Right-click over the files and choose the option that says “extract here”.
- Double-click over the Odin flash tool file so it opens on the desktop.
- Long-press the Power button on your E5 handset and reboot it up in the download mode. Press the Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at the same time to reach the Download Mode on your Samsung device.
- Tap the Volume Up button on your E5’s display when it tells you do to that in a few seconds time.
- Connect the E5 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user-interface, or the PDA button if you are using older versions of the Odin flash tool.
- Click the Start button when you are ready — you do not need to adjust any of the default settings from the Odin user-interface.
- Wait until you get a pass message and your Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone reboots. Those who do not see any reboot will need to do that manually before you start using your device with the custom recovery.
- Now that your device is rebooted, you can close down the Odin app on your computer and unplug your device from the USB cable.
You might want to learn how you can boot the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone up in the custom recovery mode. You should find the same hardware keys for the stock recovery and the custom recovery work. Furthermore, the page shows you a great app for those of you who have rooted access and would prefer just tapping the recovery option from the apps main menu. Doing so will save you from having to remember the hardware key combination for the recovery mode.
Correspondingly, you can check out how to root the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone if you want to go ahead and unchain the internal system of your device properly.
Please share this article: