These are the guidelines to installing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E7 device. The Samsung smartphones in the Galaxy range usually find rooting methods and custom recoveries available fairly quickly after release. That hasn’t been the case with the Galaxy E7 smartphone. The E7 released last year and has been out for a while now without any opportunity to flash new ROMs or take complete backups without using the adb commands. The wait is officially over.
Here is what you need to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy E7 device:
Files You Need
- Download your new TWRP recovery file for the E7 device from this page.
- Download the latest Odin 3.10 from this page. Sometimes Odin flashes are known to not work. If you find the guide not working for your E7 device, you should open the Odin flash tool page from the same link again and download one of the older versions of the flashing tool. You’ll eventually get it working on a different version of the Odin app.
- Download the universal ADB Driver and install the same directly on your computer before you start the guide.
- Installing a custom recovery of any kind on your Samsung devices will void the warranty agreements you had with Samsung. You can use the same Odin flash tool to flash a stock ROM back on the device. To do that successfully, you’ll need to find out your model number: Tap the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E7
- Download the Odin and the TWRP Recovery files directly to the computer and drag them over to the desktop.
- Right-click over the two files and select the option that says “extract here”.
- Double-click over the Odin flash tool and the Odin user-interface will open on the display.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphone by long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot your E7 device by holding in the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together and keep them pressed.
- Release and press the Volume Up key only when it says to press the Volume Up on the display of your smartphone.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you normally would use to charge the battery.
- Click the AP button, or the PDA button if you are using an older version of the Odin flash tool.
- Browse your desktop for the extracted TWRP recovery file.
- Click the Start button from the Odin user-interface on the computer when you are ready to flash that custom recovery.
- Wait until you get the pass message and your Samsung Galaxy E7 device reboots automatically.
- Reboot the E7 smartphone manually if it doesn’t reboot automatically.
Now you are ready to boot your device up in the custom recovery mode and start taking advantage of the complete backup feature (NANDroid) or installing any custom ROMS you can find available. We are not predicting a great many of custom ROMs available just yet, since the Android operating system is still relatively up to date. The ROMs might become available at a later date when people are wanting to update.