One of the ways to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Infinite is to use the Odin tool and get the custom recovery flashed on the recovery partition. That way you will get the recovery up and running on your device in no time.
Once it’s installed, you should be able to flash custom ROMs and custom kernels, create and restore full system backups, and so on, on your device. Here’s how you can do that all:
Files You Need
1. This requires you to have a Windows computer.
2. You should have Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer.
3. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the custom recovery on your device.
4. Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It’s the custom recovery that will run on your device.
5. Please only try this on the SCH-I759 device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Infinite
1. Unzip files from Odin to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and it will launch.
3. Click on PDA in the Odin and select CWM Recovery that you downloaded earlier to your computer.
4. Checkmark the options that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
5. Make sure Repartition is unchecked in the Odin.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Reboot your device into download mode. It can be done by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP and you should be in download mode on your device.
9. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click Start in the Odin and it will start the flashing process for you.
11. Wait for the Odin to flash CWM Recovery on your device.
12. When it’s done flashing the recovery, your device should automatically reboot.
13. You’re done!
And there you go.
Your Samsung Galaxy Infinite is now rocking CWM Recovery that will help you enjoy various custom developments on your device. Enjoy!