PhilZ Recovery is a custom recovery that falls between TWRP and CWM – two of the greatest custom recoveries ever built. Featuring almost all the features that both of the aforesaid recoveries have, PhilZ lets you do many things on your rooted Android device.
From installing a custom ROM to flashing a custom kernel, it is all possible with the PhilZ. If that sounds good to you and you wish to install PhilZ recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (Korean), you can follow the guide below that lets you do exactly that.
Files You Need
1. You must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on your device. Please head to our how to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (Korean) tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer, if you haven’t done so yet.
3. Download PhilZ Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be installed on your device.
4. Download Odin to your computer. You will need it to flash recovery on your device.
5. This only works for the SM-G906S device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (Korean)
1. Extract files from Odin by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable to launch it on your computer.
3. When the Odin launches, click on PDA and select PhilZ Recovery available on your computer.
4. Make sure Repartition is not checked in the Odin.
5. Checkmark the option that says F. Reset Time. Leave Auto Reboot unchecked.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Turn your device back on in download mode by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
8. Press Volume UP and you should be in download mode.
9. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click Start in the Odin and wait for it to install PhilZ Recovery on your device.
11. When it’s done installing recovery, disconnect your device from your computer.
12. Pull the battery out of your device and then put it back in after a few seconds.
13. Hold down Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together to reboot into recovery.
14. You should enter the newly installed custom recovery mode on your device.
15. You’re done!
PhilZ Recovery was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (Korean) and you can start flashing custom ROMs right away.