The Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport does have a custom recovery that helps you flash custom ROMs and various other custom developments on your device. Not only does a recovery help you flash new ROMs, but it helps you create backups for your entire phone system and restore them whenever you want. It helps you keep your phone running even though when your software is corrupted as you can always restore backups from the recovery.
Here’s how you can install a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport:
Files You Need
1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery for your Galaxy S5 Sport to your computer. You don’t need to extract it as it comes extracted by default.
2. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the recovery on your device.
3. You must’ve followed our how to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport guide before you do the following tutorial. Your device must be rooted to do the following procedure.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport
1. Odin comes as a compressed archive. So right-click on it and select Extract here. It’ll extract the Odin executable file from the archive for you to use.
2. Double-click on the Odin executable and it will launch on your computer.
3. Click on PDA and choose CWM Recovery that you have downloaded to your computer.
4. The Repartition option must not be checked in the Odin. Uncheck it if it’s already checked.
5. Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options can be checked as they won’t cause any issues to your device.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Turn your device back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. You should see a warning prompt on your screen. Press Volume UP and you’ll be taken to the download mode.
9. Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
10. Odin should say Added when you connect your phone to your computer.
11. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to finish flashing the recovery on your device.
12. Your device should reboot when the recovery is successfully flashed by Odin.
13. You’re done!
And there you go.
Besides root-access, you now have a custom recovery on your Galaxy S5 Sport that will allow you to flash custom ROMs and custom kernels on your device that help increase the performance and enhance your experience with your device. Enjoy!
Please share this article: