TWRP Recovery is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 and getting it flashed on the tablet is as easy as using Odin to flash a custom file. Here’s the entire procedure for you to do that.
Once the recovery is up on your tablet, you should be all ready to take advantage of it. So without further ado, go get it flashed on your tablet:
Files You Need
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tool that you are going to use is only available for Windows OS.
- Ensure that the proper Samsung USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. Install them if they are not already.
- This should flash a custom recovery called TWRP on your tablet.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be installed on your tablet.
- Download Odin to your computer. It is the tool that will let you flash a custom recovery on your tablet.
- You should only try this on a SM-T810 device.
- You must be running Android 5.0.2 on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)
- Uncompress files from Odin over to your computer by right-clicking on the Odin archive and selecting Extract here. It should make the files available for your use.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
- When the Odin opens, hit PDA and select the TWRP Recovery .tar file available on your computer. You are inputting TWRP to be flashed on your tablet.
- Uncheck the Repartition option if it is already checkmarked in the Odin.
- Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
- Turn off your tablet completely.
- Turn your tablet back on in download mode by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
- When your tablet is in download mode, plug it in to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Odin should show you a message indicating your tablet has been recognized.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it should start flashing the TWRP Recovery on your tablet.
- Wait for the Odin to flash the recovery on your tablet. It should not take too long to do that.
- When the Odin’s done flashing the recovery, your tablet should automatically reboot.
- You now have a custom recovery on your tablet!
TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with model number SM-T810.
Now that you have a custom recovery, go ahead and check out our how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810) tutorial to see how you can go about rooting your tablet. It is very easy to root your tablet and the guide should help you get it done properly.
TWRP brings many new features to the table compared to the stock recovery. One of these greatest features is the ability to flash custom files on the device that lets you flash a custom ROM, custom kernel, and many more things on the device. This is the reason why most people flash a custom recovery on their device; so that they can get the ability to change almost everything on their devices. If you have done so for this very reason, you can definitely flash a custom ROM but make sure to first backup your device so that you are not in trouble.
Take Into Account:
Team Win often release several TWRP Recovery files for a particular device. They always recommend installing the latest version of TWRP available to avoid compatibility issues. If you have updated the firmware on the device recently and the most recent version of TWRP is not working, then try downgrading the firmware and trying again.
Some custom ROMs that are newer might not be compatible with older versions of TWRP Recovery. You can fix that issue by updating to the latest version of TWRP also.
You can visit the official Team Win Recovery Project home page and scroll down the list to find your device to get the most recent version if the version available in this guide is not working for your device.