Installing a custom recovery on your Sony Xperia C3 should let you root your device which in turn lets you install your favorite root-requiring apps on your device.
All that starts with flashing a custom recovery. Here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
1. Your bootloader must be unlocked before you can install a custom recovery on your device. Please head to the official Sony website to unlock your bootloader.
2. This should install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
3. You must have a Windows computer to be able to do this tutorial.
4. Download Flashtool to your computer. It is the tool that will help you flash a recovery on your device.
5. Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It will be installed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Sony Xperia C3
1. Right-click on CWM Recovery and select Extract here to extract files.
2. Double-click on Flashtool setup file and install the tool on your computer.
3. Double-click on Flashtool executable to open it.
4. Turn off your device.
5. Hold down Volume UP and plug in your device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
6. Click Thunder icon in the Flashtool.
7. Select Fastboot mode from the options available on your screen.
8. Click Select kernel to flash and select CWM Recovery available on your computer.
9. Wait for the tool to flash recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done installing recovery, reboot your device.
11. You’re all set!
ClockworkMod Recovery is now up and running on the recovery partition on your shiny Sony Xperia C3.
Now that your device has a custom recovery, you can go ahead and root it using the tutorial given here.