Installing a custom recovery on your Spice Dream Uno is the second step towards customizing your phone. The first one was to unlock the bootloader, which I assume you are already done with. So, here’s how to flash a custom recovery on your phone which will then help you gain root access on your phone.
Here you go:
Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your phone before doing this tutorial. Please head to our how to unlock the bootloader on the Spice Dream Uno tutorial to learn how you can do that.
- This should install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on your phone.
- You need a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial.
- Download and install ADB drivers on your computer, if they aren’t already installed.
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery to your computer. It’ll be flashed on your phone.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. It’ll help you flash a custom recovery on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Spice Dream Uno
- First of all, extract files from Fastboot over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. That should unlock the developer options menu on your phone.
- Head to Settings followed by Developer options. Turn on the USB debugging option.
- Plug in your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch a CMD window in the folder where Fastboot files are available. The ClockworkMod Recovery image should be in this folder or the below steps won’t work. To launch the window, hold down Shift on your keyboard and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the window that you just launched:
adb reboot bootloader
- It’ll reboot your phone into bootloader mode.
- When your phone enters bootloader mode, issue the following command. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image that you have downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for it to install CWM Recovery on your phone.
- When it’s done installing recovery, reboot your phone using the following command:
- Wait for your phone to reboot.
- You’re all set!
You now have a working version of the CWM Recovery up and running on your Spice Dream Uno. Please head to our how to root the Spice Dream Uno tutorial to learn how you can root your phone using this newly installed custom recovery.