Once you’re rooted, the next step is to install a custom recovery on your device. Fortunately, a custom recovery is available for the Wiko Rainbow that gets flashed with just a few taps in an app.
Once the recovery’s up and running, you’re all set to enjoy a number of custom ROMs on your device. Does that sound good to you? If so, here’s the procedure you need to follow:
Files You Need
1. You must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. Please follow our how to root the Wiko Rainbow guide to root your device. Once that’s done, come back here and continue.
2. You don’t need a computer to do this tutorial. You can download both the app and the recovery image directly on your device and flash them off right on your device.
3. Download Custom Recovery to your computer. It is the recovery that will be installed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Wiko Rainbow
1. Rename the recovery image to recovery.img by right-clicking on it and selecting Rename.
2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy Recovery Image from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
4. When Recovery Image is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
5. Head over to Google Play and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools on your device.
6. Launch Mobileuncle MTK Tools from your app drawer.
7. Tap on Recovery Update in the app.
8. Select recovery.img that you copied to your device in the third step.
9. Wait for it to install the recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done installing the recovery, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
Your Wiko Rainbow is now equipped with a custom recovery to help you flash various custom ROMs on your device. Enjoy!