If you are curious to know how CWM Recovery works on the Xiaomi Mi Note, you can now flash this recovery on your phone and see it working and doing its tasks for yourself.
Getting the recovery up on the phone is as easy as using the Updater app to flash a file. Here’s how you can do that on your phone:
Files You Need
- You must be running the stock recovery on your phone before you can flash CWM custom recovery.
- This should install ClockworkMod Recovery using Updater app on your phone.
- Download Flashable CWM Recovery to your computer. It is the zip file that will be flashed on your phone.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Note
- Make sure you have not extracted the CWM Recovery archive. It must be in .zip format for it to be flashed on your phone.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable. Make sure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy Flashable CWM Recovery archive from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone. Place it in the root directory so you can easily find it in the following steps.
- When CWM Recovery’s copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Open Menu on your phone and launch the Updater app.
- Press the Menu button and choose select update package.
- Choose Flashable CWM Recovery package to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompts and wait for the Updater app to flash the recovery on your phone.
- When the Updater app’s done flashing recovery, reboot your phone.
- You are all done!
ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully flashed on your Xiaomi Mi Note and you can reboot into the same using the Updater app by opening the app, pressing the Menu button, and selecting Reboot into Recovery. That should get your phone into the ClockworkMod Recovery from where you can access all the features of the recovery.
The CWM Recovery comes with some of the really amazing features that turn you from a normal Android user into a flashaholic user as it just makes the whole job of flashing files darn easier than ever. Just download your favourite flashable file on your phone, fire-up the recovery, choose the install option, select the file, and it will be flashed on your phone. As simple as that.
Not only can you flash new files on your phone using the newly installed recovery, but you can also backup your current files to be in the safe side when you flash custom files on your phone. These backups are really useful when you flashed a custom ROM and it did not work and you wish to get back to the stock. At such times, you can just reboot into the recovery mode and flash back the backups to get your phone back into working condition.
There are tons of things you can do with CWM Recovery on your phone, and the only way to find out all of those is to check out the recovery menu by yourself. So, go ahead, reboot into the recovery, and see what all it has for you!