If you’re just sick of customizing individual items on your Xiaomi Mi Pad and you wish to change the whole appearance at once, the best way for you to do so is to flash a custom ROM. A custom ROM brings with it a whole new appearance and lots of new features that aren’t available in your stock ROM.
In order to install a custom ROM, you must first flash a custom recovery on your device. The following tutorial should teach you how you can install a custom recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Pad so you can then enjoy many of the custom ROMs available out there on your device.
Here you go folks:
Files You Need
1. You must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. Please refer to our how to root the Xiaomi Mi Pad tutorial to learn how you can root your device. Then return here and continue.
2. Download CWM Recovery from the third section of the link to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be flashed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Pad
1. The CWM Recovery archive should not be extracted. Leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy CWM Recovery from your computer over to the internal storage on your device.
4. When the recovery is copied, unplug your device from your computer.
5. Launch the Updater app from your app drawer.
6. Press the Menu button and select Choose update package.
7. Choose CWM Recovery package to be installed on your device.
8. Wait for it to install the selected package on your device.
9. When it has done installing the package, reboot your device.
10. You’re done.
And there you go.
You’ve successfully installed CWM custom recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Pad and you should be able to reboot into the same using Quick Boot.
Please share this article: