If you’ve already rooted your Xiaomi MI3, then installing a custom recovery on your device is a breeze. A custom recovery on your device allows you to backup and restore your system images, wipe cache partitions, flash ROMs, and so on. There are a lot of things that you can do with a custom recovery.
If you’re wondering how you can get a custom recovery up and running on your device, the guide below should help you:
Files You Need
1. Download CWM Recovery for your Xiaomi MI3 to your computer. Do NOT extract it, just leave it as is.
2. You should have rooted your phone before following this tutorial. Please refer to our how to root the Xiaomi MI3 guide to learn how you can root your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Xiaomi MI3
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy CWM Recovery from your computer over to the SD card storage on your phone.
3. When the recovery is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Launch the Updater app from your app drawer on your device.
5. Press the Menu button and choose Select update package.
6. Select the CWM Recovery package you copied earlier to your phone.
7. Let it flash the selected package on your device.
8. When it’s done flashing the package, reboot your device.
9. You’re done.
The CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on your Xiaomi MI3 and you can reboot into the same using the Updater app on your device. Make sure to check out all the options that your recovery has to offer!