In order to gain root-access on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G, you must first install a custom recovery on it. Fortunately, one of the finest custom recoveries – CWM Recovery – is now available for the aforementioned device and installing it on your device takes no more than a couple of minutes. Here’s how:
Files You Need
1. This will flash CWM custom recovery on your device.
2. Download CWM Recovery from the third section of the page to your computer. It is the recovery file that will be installed on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
1. Make sure you haven’t extracted the CWM Recovery archive. It must be in .zip format to be installed on your device.
2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy CWM Recovery from your computer over to the internal storage on your device.
4. When the recovery is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
5. Launch Updater app from your app drawer.
6. Press the Menu button and choose Select update package.
7. Choose CWM Recovery archive to be installed on your device.
8. Wait for it to install the selected archive on your device.
9. When the recovery is installed, reboot your device.
10. You’re all set.
CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G and you can get access to the same using the Updater app on your device.
Well, you now have a custom recovery up and running on your device, so go ahead and get your device Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G rooted using the simplest method available.
Please share this article: