If you are rooted, it is recommended that you install a custom recovery on your XOLO Q1010i so that you can get benefits of custom developments like custom ROMs, custom kernels, custom boot animations, and so on.
After rooting the phone, getting a custom recovery up is a breeze as all you need to do is download an app from the Google Play store and use it to install the recovery image on your phone. Tada, you are all done.
Here’s how you can install TWRP – a custom recovery on your XOLO Q1010i:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. If you are not rooted yet, please head to our how to root the XOLO Q1010i tutorial and root your phone first. Then return here and continue.
- This should flash a custom recovery called TWRP on your XOLO Q1010i.
- This will use the Mobile Uncle Tools app to flash the recovery on the phone, so you do not need a computer to do this. However, the steps for a computer are included in the tutorial.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It will be flashed on your phone.
- You should only try this on a XOLO Q1010i device.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the XOLO Q1010i
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone is able to receive files from your computer.
- Copy TWRP Recovery Image from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone. Place the file in the root directory and not inside any folders.
- When TWRP Recovery is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools app on your phone. It is a free app.
- When the app’s downloaded and installed, open it from your app drawer.
- In the app, tap on the option that says Recovery update. That is what allows you to flash a recovery on your phone.
- Choose the TWRP Recovery Image that you have copied to your phone to be flashed.
- The app should begin flashing the recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the app to finish flashing TWRP on your phone.
- When the app’s done flashing the recovery, reboot your phone for the changes to take effect.
- You are all done!
TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your XOLO Q1010i and you can reboot into the same using the Quick Boot app that is available for free on the Google Play store.
Now that a custom recovery is available on your phone, you can go ahead and flash a custom ROM or a custom kernel on your phone. Not only is it a custom ROM that you can flash, but there are tons of custom development files that can now be flashed on your phone, including boot animations, custom launchers, and so on.
In case you are going to flash a custom ROM on your phone, please backup the system image of your phone using the TWRP Recovery so that you have something to fall back on in case things do not go well for you. That way, you will be able to get your phone back running again even if you flashed a non-working custom ROM on your phone.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The XOLO Q1010i
- How To Root The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T710 On Android 5.0.2
- How To Unroot The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (SM-T710)
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)
- How To Root The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.