If you have rooted your XOLO Q1100 but have not installed a custom recovery on it, then you are missing out on a lot of fun that you can have with custom ROMs that only work when you have a custom recovery.
A custom recovery helps you to replace the stock ROM on your phone with a custom one, and that lets you change the entire appearance and functionality of the phone.
If that sounds good to you and you wish to flash a custom recovery on your rooted XOLO Q1100, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
- You must have rooted your phone before doing this tutorial as installing a custom recovery requires your phone to be rooted. If you have not done so yet, please do so now using our how to root the XOLO Q1100 tutorial and return here when that is done.
- You should have a computer that runs Windows in order to do this tutorial as you are going to be using a Windows only tool.
- This should flash a custom recovery called CWM on your XOLO Q1100.
- You should have Universal ADB drivers installed on your Windows computer. Install them if they are not already.
- Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be flashed on your phone.
- Download Recovery Flasher to your computer. It is the tool that will help you flash the recovery on your phone.
- You should only try this on a XOLO Q1100 phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the XOLO Q1100
- Unzip files from Recovery Flasher over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Right-click on the CWM Recovery Image and select Rename and name it recovery.img.
- Copy recovery.img over to the Recovery Flasher folder.
- Unlock the developer menu on your phone so you can enable USB debugging. To do that, head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it will unlock the aforesaid menu for you.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Double-click on RecoveryFlasher.bat that you extracted from the archive and it will launch.
- When the tool launches, select the first option.
- Wait until it flashes the recovery and reboots your phone.
- When it’s done flashing the recovery, choose the option that says Reboot to Recovery to reboot your phone into the newly installed custom recovery mode.
- You are all done!
S0, you have successfully installed a custom recovery on your XOLO Q1100 and you have already rebooted into the same to see what it has to offer.
Usually, a custom recovery includes features like flashing a custom file, backing up and restoring the whole system images, wiping the cache and factory resetting the phone, and such other similar options. The most used option among these is the one that lets you flash a custom file as that is what you can use to flash custom ROMs, custom kernels, custom boot animations, etc, on your phone. That is what allows custom developments to creep in your phone.
In order to be in the safe side while still flashing custom files, you can take the backup of your entire phone using the backup option in the recovery menu. It will backup everything on your phone and you can then restore that backup whenever you wish to get things back running again, in case they were broken.
So, now that you have everything to customize your phone to a greater extent, go ahead and do so and have fun!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S5 on DoCoMo
- How To Install CyanogenRecovery On The Doogee F5
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Root The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On The XOLO Q1100
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.