Installing a custom recovery on the Yu Yuphoria requires no technical knowledge and the entire procedure only takes a couple of minutes. Once you’re done with the tutorial, you’ll have a working recovery up and running on your phone.
As you probably already know, a custom recovery is useful in many ways. One of the biggest advantages of having a custom recovery is that it allows you to flash a custom ROM on your phone. Yes, a custom ROM brings with it an arsenal of features that your stock ROM just never had. From a brand new launcher to the apps that your original manufacturer never put on your phone, a custom ROM is a perfect choice for you if you want to enjoy something exciting on your phone.
So, here’s how you can go about installing a custom recovery on your Yu Yuphoria which will then let you flash a custom ROM on your phone:
Files You Need
- Your bootloader must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial. Please head to our how to unlock the bootloader on the Yu Yuphoria tutorial to learn how you can do that.
- This should flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- You need a computer that runs Windows to do this tutorial.
- Ensure that PDAnet drivers are installed on your computer.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. It’ll be used to issue commands to your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It’s the custom recovery that’ll be installed on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Yu Yuphoria
- Extract files from Fastboot to your computer by right-clicking on Fastboot archive and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times. It’ll unlock the developer options for you.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open a CMD window in the folder where Fastboot and TWRP Recovery files are located. Make sure that fastboot.exe and TWRP Recovery image are in the same folder. To launch the CMD window, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- It should reboot your phone into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, issue the following command. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual recovery image name.
fastboot -i 0x2A9 flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for it to install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- When it’s done installing the recovery, reboot your phone by entering the following command:
- Your phone should reboot.
- You’re all set!
Excellent! Your Yu Yuphoria now rocks a wonderful custom recovery that’ll help you flash various custom developments on your phone. From installing a custom ROM to flashing a custom kernel, you can do that all with this newly installed custom recovery. Enjoy!