Xiaomi is doing well in smart phone market, in India Xiaomi phones are exclusively available on Flipkart. Mi4 is a high-end phone in a very low price. This phone has a 5 inches IPS LCD display with 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor powered with 3080 mAh Li ion battery. This phone has a 13 MP camera which is capable of taking 2k video and secondary camera is of 8 MP, capable of taking HD videos. Today I will tell you to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Mi4 in an easy and fast way. In this process I will also tell you to install CWM custom recovery on your phone.
If you are planning to install this ROM on your phone then let me tell you one thing that this process of installing custom ROMs on your phone is illegal, not recommended by the manufacturer or Google because installing ROMs using this process may brick your device if not done carefully. Installing this ROM may also voids your phones warranty, so after installing this ROM you will be charged for any help for you phone (you can’t claim your warranty then).
CM 12 is a custom ROM made by Cyanogen Mod team for those who want to experience Android 5.0 Lollipop on their phone before update hits. CM 12 has all the features and interface that Android 5.0 Lollipop has. Android Lollipop has features like material design, Android Run Time(ART), increased security, fast charging and many more but CM 12 custom ROM has more features added by Cyanogen Mod with which you can customize interface and boost performance.
Backup every important file stored on your phone to any safe place so you can’t lose it in any circumstances. Sync all of your important contacts to your Google account so you can restore them back after this installation. Backup all media files stored on your phone to your PC or any other external drive. You can also use Mi phone Manager to manage media files on your phone.
On your phone enable USB debugging by going to settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging from here. Also make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it as in this process your phone is going to restart several times. Only use this process for Xiaomi Mi4 not on any other device or you may lose your phone.
Steps to Install CM 12 on Xiaomi Mi4
- Download CWM custom recovery for Mi4 from here and transfer it to your phone via USB cable.
- Download CM 12 for Mi4 from here and transfer it to your phone.
- Now on phone go to settings > Updater > Update Package and select the zip file downloaded earlier in step 1.
- After update completes reboot your phone to recovery mode by pressing option key inside updater and select “Reboot to recovery mode”.
- Select “System 1” in select system to mount.
- In recovery select “Wipe data/factory rest” and confirm.
- After that select wipe cache partition and confirm.
- Go to mount and storage and select “format/system” option.
- Come to main menu and select install zip from SD card and choose the CM 12 ROM zip file from your phone and confirm the step.
- After installation completes come back to main menu and select “reboot system now”.
Now enjoy the boot animation for about 10 minutes and you will be in setup screen. From here you can use your phone like you had purchased it now. Also if you have any query about this ROM or process then you can post it in the comment section below.