If you want stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop interface and feature on your Galaxy E5 because Touch Wiz UI lags so much? Then you are right place today, let me introduce you to Cyanogen Mod 12.1 custom ROM, which imitates the stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop interface and also features. CM 12.1 custom ROM is also fast and smooth that you can’t notice any lags. CM 12.1 custom ROM also have theme engines so you can customize your phone your way, thousands of free and premium themes available on Google Play Store. So what are you waiting for if you want Lollipop running? Go ahead and make your Galaxy E5 faster than ever before!
Here is everything you need to install the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update on the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphones by making use of a custom ROM instead of the stock ROM:
Points to Remember:
- Installing any custom ROM on your phone may void your phone’s recovery.
- Root your Samsung Galaxy E5 first then install a custom recovery on it like TWRP recovery or CWM recovery.
- You also need to backup all of your critical data before installing any custom ROM because it will remove all the data stored on your internal memory.
- Make sure that you charge your phone to at least 70% before start installing custom ROM to it.
Steps to install CM 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy E5:
- First, download the CM 12.1 custom ROM zip file from here.
- Now download the Google apps zip file from here.
- Now connect your phone to your PC and transfer both the zip files to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC and reboot your Galaxy E5 to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on “Wipe” and confirm the step wipe the system memory.
- After wiping tap on “Install”, select the CM 12.1 custom ROM zip file and confirm the step to install the ROM on your phone.
- After the installation finished repeat the above step to install, the Google apps zip file in the same way.
- After installation finished go back to the main menu and tap on “reboot” followed by “system” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
- You will see Android 5.1 Lollipop booting animation sequence for about 10 minutes just for this time, later on, your phone will boot normally.
In conclusion, that is all you need to get the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates up and running on the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone by making use of a custom ROM. A custom ROM differs from the stock ROM in the sense that the official Android developers do not develop it. The CyanogenMod custom ROM is what many people consider the best custom ROM to install, and they make a peculiar habit of keeping things as close to stock Android as possible. They also consistently have features that outperform what the real Android developers give to you when you buy a device. About the only thing, you will need to consider the fact that you will void the warranty by installing a custom ROM, so if the warranty is important to you, then you might not want to install a custom ROM.