Asus are making smartphones, even more, smarter by making some high-end smartphones. Asus Padfone smartphones are high-end smartphones with lots of good specs and large display. Asus Padfone S and X have a large 5 inch HD display with touch reactive navigation keys on the front panel of the phone. Padfone X and S will give an unbeatable performance with its 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor supported with two gigs of RAM for smooth and fast multitasking. This phone is powered by a 2300 mAh battery which makes this phone last a whole day easily.
Google started to release Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA updates to lots of devices including Android One devices in India. Asus will also make Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates for its smartphones, but the question is “when this OTA will be released on Asus smartphones?” it could be a month or a year. So why just sit down and wait for it when you have Cyanogen Mod team working for Android Marshmallow based custom ROM for you. Introducing CyanogenMod 13 Alpha build, as the name says that it is an alpha build and in early stages of development so you might find some bug in it but I know you can live with that of you are a real Android fan and dying to update your phone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Details We Should Know
- You need to have a custom recovery installed on the Asus Padfone S And X devices before you can follow this guide to install a custom ROM on them.
- Also, note that before you can install a custom recovery sometimes, you need to unlock the bootloader. You need to research how to have a custom recovery installed correctly before using this guide.
- The custom recovery image that you choose to install does not matter. As long as it has the option for uploading zip files (which they all do), then you can install a ROM from that new custom recovery image.
- You don’t need to root the Asus Padfone before you install a custom ROM on the device. Rooting is only necessary for when we are making changes to the stock Android ROM that is running on a device. When we are completely swapping a stock ROM for a custom version, all we need is to unlock the bootloader and then install a custom recovery.
How to install CM13 on Asus Padfone S and X
- Download CM 13, Google Apps and SuperSU zip file for Asus Padfone S and X.
- Now after downloading connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- Transfer all the zip files from your PC to your phone.
- Unplug your phone from PC and reboot your phone to recovery mode ().
- In recovery mode first, tap on the wipe and confirm the step to erase the system files.
- After that come to the home screen and tap on install then “select the zip file from SD card”.
- Now select the CM 13 zip file and confirm to install it on your phone.
- After that install, the rest of the two zip files in the same way.
- After installation tap on Reboot followed by the System.
- The first boot will take some time so be patient and feast your eyes with the new boot animation. You can also send your queries to us using the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is how to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow up and to run on the Asus Padfone S and X by using the CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. You can see the new ROM on the display as soon as the device reboots back into the normal mode once it leaves the recovery.