Android 6.0 Marshmallow has been on aired for any devices but still there are many devices which haven’t got Android 6.0 Marshmallow update yet. HP TouchPad is a device which not going to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in near future or ever. Lots of smartphones are relying on custom ROMs for Android 6.0 Marshmallow sweetness on their device. One of the developers on XDA developers ports Cyanogen Mod 13 for HP TouchPad. This is AOSP 6.0 ROM with UI and all the features of it; this custom ROM is in its early development, so there are some bugs in it. However, if these cannot stop you to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your HP TouchPad then go for it but before it read the Points to remember first.
Here is everything you need to install an unofficial version of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software update on the HP TouchPad device by installing the CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM:
Points To Remember:
- Your device should be rooted, and a custom recovery should be installed.
- Make a backup of your valuable data stored on your device before installing custom ROM.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% battery before installation process.
Steps to install Android 6.0 marshmallow on HP Touchpad:
- Download AOSP custom ROM zip file from here and save it on your PC.
- Download Google Apps zip file from here.
- Connect your HP TouchPad phone to your PC and transfer both zip files to your device.
- After that reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode tap on the Wipe button and confirm to erase the system files.
- After that tap on install, select the custom ROM zip file and confirm to install it on your device.
- After that install, the Google apps zip file in the same way (repeat step 6 with Google apps zip file).
- After installation tap on “reboot” followed by “system” and your phone will reboot normally to the OS mode.
- After installation first boot will take some time to reach to the setup screen, so it is better to enjoy some music in the mean time (i always do this).
- Share this guide with others and for all the queries I am always here for you!
In conclusion, that is how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates on the HP TouchPad. The guide is, of course, an unofficial one in the sense that it makes use of a custom ROM and not an official stock ROM. There is little difference between the two when it comes to reliability in this instance because the CyanogenMod team often outperform the real Android developers. However, there are some differences none the less. Most of the changes are not well documented because the CyanogenMod team arrogantly see no need to show the world what features they put in a ROM. What they do is expect you t go to the effort of installing the ROM to find out what it is you are in for–if you can make any sense of that. While they might have strange views on the outside world, I help them create high-quality ROMs that are reliable and won’t let you down if nothing else. That is important because one of the other differences between the stock Android Rom and custom versions like CyanogenMod is the fact that the warranty is immediately void when you install it.