OnePlus One is the first flagship smartphone from new Chinese company “OnePlus”. OnePlus recently released a new smartphone called OnePlus Two which has a higher spec than the previous one but still the previous one is compelling enough to drive you crazy and fulfill all your needs of a smartphone. OnePlus One has a sleek design with nothing visible on the front panel except the front camera and the earpiece and at sides of the phone, this phone has all the necessary buttons and jacks that a phone must have in it, nothing else. OnePlus One looks stunning in hands with a matte finish on the back panel to make a firm grip.
Talking about the specs, OnePlus One has a full HD 5.5 inch capacitive LCD with 5 MP camera capable of shooting 1080p videos at the front of the phone. At the back of the phone, you will see a 13 MP shooter camera can take videos at 2K at 30 frames per second. At heart, this phone have a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 3 GB of RAM for lightning fast performance. All this powerful hardware is powered by a 3100 mAh nonremovable battery.
Although this phone comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop based Cyanogen Mod 12, I know that everyone wants the latest firmware on their device so they can show off to their friends. Cyanogen Mod haven’t made an Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for this device, but you can manually update your OnePlus One to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with this AOSParadox custom ROM. This custom ROM is in the early stages of development, but you can still try this custom ROM on your OnePlus One. Steps to do that is mentioned below.
Points to remember:
- Your OnePLus One’s phone’s bootloader should be unlocked first.
- Your should root your phone before all this process.
- A custom recovery like TWRP should be installed on your phone.
Steps to install AOSParadox custom ROM on your OnePlus One:
- First, you have to download AOSParadox custom ROM zip file on your PC.
- After downloading these zip files transfer both of them to your phone using a USB cable.
- Now all you have to do is to reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- IN recovery mode first, wipe the memory using the wipe option.
- After that tap on install and select the zip file and confirm to install it on your device.
- After installation reboots your phone by taping on “reboot” then “system”.
- First boot will take some time but don’t worry after that your phone will boot quickly. All the queries should be posted in the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is how to update the OnePlus One to and unofficial build of Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates by using the AOSParadox custom ROM. A custom ROM is different from the stock ROM in the sense that it was not developed by Android developers at all but rather a bunch of third-party developers who build these ROMs for free. Don’t get me wrong, these ROMs can be just as reliable and even come with better features, but it will always void the warranty when you swap the stock ROM for the custom version.