LG G3 is a very high reconfigured device with very powerful hardware. LG G3 have a 5.5 inch LCD with high pixel density of 538 ppi which looks stunning and contents is visible even in sunlight. LG G3 have a 2.5 GHz quad core processor with 64-bit architecture. LG G3 come with 3 GB of RAM preloaded and came in 16 GB and 32 GB model with sd card extension which can be extended to 128 GB using a micro SD card. LG G3 is a premium smartphone with a great camera, a 16 MP shooter camera capable of shooting 2K videos at 30 frames per second.
The stock firmware of LG G3 is a bit laggy and doesn’t look good because the icon pack and widgets are appalling looking. However, you can install a custom ROM and transform you phone’s interface. Here I have a new good looking custom ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Read these Points before installing these custom ROMs on your phone.
Points To Remember:
- Custom ROM installing is an unofficial operation which may void your device’s warranty.
- Backup your data before installation of custom ROM so it will not get wiped during installation.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% before installation of the custom ROM.
Steps to install Omni ROM on LG G3:
- Download Omni custom ROM from here.
- Download Google apps package from here.
- Transfer both the zip files to your phone from PC.
- Turn your phone off and reboot it into recovery mode (these steps can be done properly with TWRP custom ROM).
- Tap on “Wipe” and swipe to confirm and wipe all the data.
- Now come back to main menu and tap on install and select the ROM zip file and swipe to install it on your phone.
- After installation tap on install again and this time select the Google apps zip file and swipe to install.
- Now finally come back to the main menu and tap on Reboot followed by System to reboot the device.
- When the device reboots, you will find a setup screen which can be filled and personalize your phone again. If you have any queries about this installation, then post them in the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is how to install an unofficial build of Android 6.0 Marshmallow software update on the OnePlus One smartphones by using the Omni ROM custom ROM. It is important to realize the key differences between the stock Rom and a custom version, especially when yo are dealing with custom ROMs that are not as good as the Android developers can create. The Omni Rom is a more than capable team, but they might fall behind the likes of the guys and girls from team CyanogenMod if the were ever to do battle. Therefore, it is important to understand that you do void the warranty agreements by flashing a custom Rom and removing the stock Android version.