Samsung is first to make it possible to work on two apps simultaneously side by side with its large and high specs smartphone Galaxy Grand Duos. Grand Duos have a large 5-inch display with HD resolution and good pixel density. Grand Duos run with a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm dual core processor which makes it capable of running high graphic games and smooth multitasking. Grand Duos comes with 768 GB of RAM, which makes the phone a bit laggy but function-able. Grand features 8 GB of internal storage, but only 4 GB is available for usage.
Samsung discontinued the OS update for Galaxy Grand Duos and this phone just got stuck on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, Samsung hasn’t updated this device to Kit Kat yet also there is no sign of getting any update. One of the developers on XDA developers ported AOSP 6.0 custom ROM for Galaxy Grand Duos, with this custom ROM you can easily update your Grand Duos to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
allow. You will get all the feature and user interface of Android 6.0 Marshmallow to your very own Galaxy grand duos. You need some preparation before installing this custom ROM on your device.
Points to Remember:
- Your phone needs to be rooted, and custom recovery should be fitted.
- You need a PC to do this with an internet connection.
- All you data will get wiped so take a backup of your valuable data.
Steps to install AOSP 6.0 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Download AOSP 6.0 custom ROM from here to your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer this custom ROM zip to your phone.
- Turn your phone off and boot it into recovery mode (boot it by pressing and holding volume up, power key and home key together to boot it to recovery mode).
- In recovery menu select wipe and confirm to wipe the system storage.
- After that select install then choose the AOSP 6.0 zip file and confirm to install.
- After installation reboot your phone to normal OS mode.
- Your phone will boot to Android 6.0 Marshmallow setup screen, just follow the instructions and enjoy Android d6.0 marshmallow on your Galaxy Grand Duos. For all the queries we have the comment section below, use it.
In conclusion, that is how to update the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 smartphone to an unofficial version of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates. The guide makes use of the AOSP custom ROM that is based on Marshmallow. You should understand that a custom ROM is not a stock ROM, and the warranty will be void when you swap the stock ROM over for a custom version. Still, you know what they say: you never really own the device until you void the warranty.