The Nokia X and XL came with the Nokia x platform based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Nokia fast lane. If you bought this phone and now realized that this is not the phone you dreamed of you might be wishing to try installing one of the most recent Android software update. The Nokia smartphone launched with the Android platform and there is no news about getting any new software or firmware version update. If you are a person with little patience then I will tell you a way with which you can feel the sweetness of lollipop on your phone. Read all parts of this article and follow all the steps carefully or you might end with a bricked device.
Let me tell you one thing about this theme for your phone: this them is not going to affect your phone in any way, it just transform your phone’s interface to Android lollipop. After installing this theme on your phone, your phone’s internal data will get wiped so better take a backup of all the important data.
You need a PC, a USB cable and your phone with a custom ROM (do not install it on stock ROM) and custom recovery installed on it and USB debugging enabled, do that by going to Settings > Developer Options > check USB debugging option. Also make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it so won’t go off during this process as it may brick down your phone.
You should backup all of your important data to any safe place. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account so you can have them back. Backup all of your phone’s media files to your PC or any other external drive. Taking backup is very important before installing lollipop theme on custom ROM because it will wipe all the data from the internal memory of the phone.
Steps to install lollipop theme on Nokia X and XL
- Download the Lollipop theme zip file from here and save it on your PC.
- Now connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable and transfer the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your phone from your PC and reboot it to Recovery Mode. To do this just turn your phone off completely and turn it on by pressing and holding Power key and Volume Up key together for about 8 to 10 seconds.
- In Recovery Mode, tap on backup, now confirm the step to make a full backup of your previous ROM.
- After backup is done, go back to the main menu and tap on the “wipe” option and then confirm the step. Do not check the system option.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on the install > Chose zip from SD card, now choose the Android Lollipop theme zip file from your phone’s SD card and confirm the step. It will start the installation process.
- When the installation is done, go back to the main menu and tap on reboot > system.
Your Nokia X phone will get rebooted to the OS version after waiting for about 10 minutes. The first boot will take some time. After the reboot is complete, you can use your device as you were before. If you have any query about this you can ask me by posting them in the comment section below.