If you are an Android user then definitely you would have heard the word “APK file” from advanced Android users and if you don’t know what that is, let me tell you. The APK file is an installation setup file for Android as executable setup file in windows PC. Google highly recommend not to install the APK from third-party developers because it may cause damage to your phone but you know nothing is possible in this world without risks. Today I will tell you two possible ways with which you can install APK files to your Android phone without damaging your phone.
Preparation before installing app to your Android device:
Google made its Android OS secure to any threat like virus or malware that’s why android protects you to install unauthorized apps to your phone. You can change the settings to permit your phone to install third-party apps to your phone using apk extension file.
For that go to settings then navigate to security and look out for “Unknown Sources” option in there. When you find it, just tap on the check box once. You will see a pop-up with something written on it, just ignore it and hit the OK button. That’s it! Your Droid smartphone is now easily configured to install third-party apps. Now use any of the methods mentioned below to install the desired app to your phone.
Method 1: Installing apps using a dedicated app from play store
I am assuming that your phone already has the desired APK file that you want to install on your device. If not then first move any APK file to your phone’s SD card from your PC.
- First, go to app drawer and open Google Play store.
- Search for the “Installer” and download the one with a “Gear” icon.
- After the installation is finished, go back to the app drawer and open the Installer app.
- Inside the app you will see all the APK files that are stored on your phone.
- When you see the app you want to install on your phone, just tap on it once and you will see a pop up menu with the install option.
- After taping on the install option, you will see a screen with “cancel” and “install” buttons on the bottom; tap on install.
- Wait for some time and you app will be ready for you in the all apps.
Now you can simply use that app by going to app drawer, and you can even delete that APK after installing so it won’t eat space in your phone.
Method 2: Install apk directly from file manager
In this method you need nothing but just a file manager and the APK file you want to install on your phone.
- First, move any APK file to your phone by connecting your phone to your PC as mass storage. After moving unplug your phone.
- Make sure to move that APK file in the root of the storage or it will be difficult to find it.
- Now go to app drawer and open any file manager (if your phone don’t have it just install any from the Google play Store) and navigate to where you have moved the APK file. We like recommending the Astro File manager but we are not associated with it in any way.
- Just tap on that APK file once and you will be asked for “package installer” and “verify and install”. Just tap on the package installer option.
- After that you will see the installation screen with “install” button at the bottom. Just tap on it and wait until your app is completely installed.
Excellent! Now you know how to install any APK file to your Android device. For any query you can contact me using the comment section below.