If you are not that big fan of TWRP Recovery and would rather have ClockworkMod on your HTC Desire C, you are in luck. The CWM Recovery is now available for your beloved HTC Desire C and you can get it up and running on your phone in a few minutes.
The entire procedure only takes a few minutes and gets the recovery up on your phone without any hassle. What the procedure does is use TWRP to flash CWM and that is it.
Once CWM Recovery is up on your phone, you should be able to reboot into it and perform many of the tasks that you may already be doing with TWRP, such as fully backing up the phone, installing custom files, wiping the phone data, and so on.
So, if you are ready, here’s how you can go about installing CWM Recovery on your HTC Desire C:
Files You Need
- The bootloader on your phone must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial.
- Your phone must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. If you are not rooted, head to our how to root the HTC Desire C tutorial and root your phone first.
- You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your phone. You can get it up on your phone using our how to install a custom recovery on the HTC Desire C tutorial.
- This should flash the Alpha version of ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery to your computer. Do NOT extract the archive, leave it as is.
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC Desire C
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Make sure you are able to transfer files from your computer over to your phone.
- Copy ClockworkMod Recovery .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place the file in the root directory and not inside nested folders.
- When ClockworkMod is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Your phone should reboot into the bootloader mode.
- Select Recovery from the bootloader menu.
- Your phone should reboot into the TWRP Recovery mode.
- Select Install in the recovery menu.
- Navigate to your internal SD card storage and select ClockworkMod Recovery .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Wait for TWRP to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.
- When TWRP’s done installing ClockworkMod, reboot your phone by choosing Reboot followed by System.
- Your phone should reboot normally.
- You are done!
The ClockworkMod Recovery should now be up and running on your HTC Desire C phone.
You can either use the key combo or the Quick Boot app to get into the newly installed custom recovery mode. Both of these methods should get you to the same custom recovery mode.
Let us know how that worked for you!