ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the best custom recoveries available out there. Not only has it been accepted by millions of Android users, but these millions of users use it everyday. It provides some of the great features you’d ever expect from a recovery, like making full nandroid backups, flashing zips, and so on.
Here’s how you can get this custom recovery up and running on your ZTE Chorus:
Files You Need
1. Download the CWM Package available at this link over to your computer. It contains everything you need to flash a custom recovery on your device.
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the ZTE Chorus
1. The first thing you need to do is unzip files from the package. Do so first and then move forward.
2. Install the attached ZTE drivers on your computer. It’ll help your phone to be recognized by your computer.
3. After extracting the archive, you’ll find a file called recovery.zip. Copy it over to the SD card storage on your phone. It’ll be used later on in this procedure.
4. Now it’s time to reboot your phone into fastboot mode. It’s quite easy to do so. Just turn off your phone, hold down Volume UP and Power and the phone will stuck at the boot logo. You’re in fastboot mode now.
5. Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
6. One of the files that you extracted from the archive is flash_recovery.bat. Double-click on it and follow the on-screen instructions for flashing a recovery on your phone.
7. It should tell you when it’s done.
8. You are done.
Your ZTE Chorus is now equipped with ClockworkMod Recovery. Although you have a custom recovery, you’ll need root-access to fully utilize it. Our root procedure should help you root your ZTE Chorus. So follow it and get your device rooted.