CyanogenMod ROMs have some great performance and interface tweaking options. The CM 12.1 ROM we are installing today ROM has Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM as a base. The ROM is filled with all the features of Android 5.1 Lollipop OS like the interface and all the features like fast charging, apps, screen pinning and many more.
For this process you need a PC, a USB cable and your phone rooted and a custom recovery installed on it. Make sure that your PC should have internet connection because the ROM and the Google apps zip file on your PC.
Make a backup of all your important data stored on your phone’s internal memory because installing a custom ROM will wipe all the data stored on your phone. Make a backup of the media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. Also sync all of your contacts to your Google account or export them to your SD card which will keep them safe.
- Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 50% battery before installing the custom ROM on your phone.
- This custom ROM and installation process is only for the Canadian version of LG G3 D 852. Do not try to install it on any other Android device.
Steps to install CM 12.1 nightly custom ROM on Canadian LG G3 D 852:
- Download the ROM package zip file from here and put it on the desktop, do not unzip it.
- Download the Google Apps zip package from here and put it also on the desktop.
- Now connect your phone into the Windows PC and move the downloaded zip files to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your phone from PC and shut your phone off.
- Wait till the phone goes off completely and boot it to recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume down key, when you see the LG logo leave the keys and press them again after that you will see hard reset mode, confirm it and you will be in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on “Backup” and confirm to back-up the ROM you installed earlier.
- Now tap on “Wipe” then confirm to wipe.
- Come back to the main menu and tap on “install”, select the ROM zip file and confirm to start installation.
- After installation again tap on “install” and this time select the G apps zip file to install.
- After installation tap on “Reboot” then “System” to boot your phone to OS mode.
Your phone is filled with some new powers, complete the setup on first boot and experience those powers in your hands. If your phone fails to boot, then boot your phone to recovery again and restore the previous ROM back.