The CyanogenMod team has just released CM10.1 for the HTC One S update, which will boost it’s firmware to the ever popular Android 4.2.2 jelly Bean. This is a great update for owners of the mobile, as it brings a custom ROM which is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, packed with loads of new features. Before you continue with the guide after the jump, make sure you already have the HTC One S rooted. If the device doesn’t already have root access, you cannot update to the custom ROM.
The Files You Need
- Download CM10.1 HTC One S custom ROM.
- Make sure you have the HTC One S USB drivers. You can download them from the HTC website or third-party links. Just make sure you get the HTC drivers from a trusted source, which is why we prefer recommending the official HTC website.
- You will also need to have USB debugging mode enabled. Depending on what version of Android you are running will depend how you find the USB Debugging Mode.
Installing CM10.1 custom ROM on the HTC One S
- Download CM10.1 HTC One S custom ROM to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Using the USB cable which came with your device, connect the HTC One S to the Windows PC. Transfer the file you downloaded previously to the SD card.
- Power down the device now.
- Boot the phone back up in what is known as bootloader mode. To do this simply press volume down and the power button simultaneously.
- You will be presented with some on-screen instruction now which you will need to follow. The idea here is to select the bootloader mode and then the recovery option.
- You should now be inside ClockworkMod Recovery. It’s time to wipe the data from the device. This step is very important when you are installing any custom ROM.
- Once you have wiped the phones data, scroll down the page until you see flash zip from SD card and select it. To select simply press the power button to confirm the process.
- Press the power button one more time, but this time select the option choose zip from sdcard. From here you will need to look for the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file. Again, just press the power button to confirm the process once you have found it.
- Wait patiently for the ROM to be flashed onto your device. Once it has done so, exit recovery. Once you have excited recovery, power down your device. Upon reboot the new ROM will be installed and ready to be used.
Please share this article: