CyanogenMod still make the worlds best custom ROMs, and the latest CyanogenMod custom ROMs based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow are the CM13 ROMs. As you probably know if you are used to installing custom ROMs, the stock Google Gapps do not always come across with the ROM. You can find some ROMs available that do come with the Gapps pre-loaded for you, but for the most part, that does not happen.
So, what do you do to get the Gapps working? You just flash them the same way you flashed your custom ROM using the custom recovery. Just choose the CM13 Marshmallow Gapps package that best suits you from the files section below and follow the guide to install them on your Android device.
Files You Need
- Download the stock Gapps for Marshmallow ROMs.
- Download the micro Gapps package for Marshmallow ROMs.
- Download the mini Gapps package for Marshmallow ROMs.
- Download the nano Gapps package for Marshmallow ROMs.
- The guide below for installing the Google Gapps will work with any version of Marshmallow, including the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It doesn’t have to be Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Installing the CM13 Google Gapps packages on your CyanogenMod custom ROM running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your device. These Gapps packages will work for any Android device that can run your custom ROM.
- Start by flashing your custom ROM first and then completing these steps directly after your ROM. You should already take your factory reset and wiped the data before starting this guide. Furthermore, you should take the NANDroid backup option from the main recovery menu before you do any of that.
- Download the Gapps package for Marshmallow from the link above and have it on the desktop of your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Gapps file to the root of the SD card and do not unzip the file. The root of your SD card means keep it at the topmost level of the folder and do not hide it in one of the sub folders.
- Unplug your device from the computer once you have the Gapps on the SD card.
- Boot the Android up in the custom recovery mode by using the hardware keys or the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store if you have root access.
- Choose the Install option from the main recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card for the Gapps zip file.
- Follow the prompts to confirm you want to install that Gapps file.
- Choose the ‘reboot system now’ option from the main recovery menu and your Android handset will reboot back in normal mode.
You should have your custom ROM and the Google Gapps for Marshmallow running on your device.