ClockworkMod Recovery is the original custom recovery that still works well on your Acer Iconia A700 device.
You are using your traditional hardware key combination to boot the Acer Iconia device into the recovery mode still after you flash your new custom recovery. That’s where it starts changing, depending on your choice of custom recovery image. Since this is the ClockworkMod recovery, you will use the Power button to confirm your selections and the Volume buttons to navigate through the menu. Anyone with experience in using the stock recovery will be familiar with the same buttons.
Files You Need
- Download your choice of ClockworkMod recovery — either the touch-based recovery or standard — from this page.
- You will need to have the adb set up on your Windows computer if you are following this guide. You can still get adb for Mac and adb for Linux, but they will have different commands.
- You are voiding the warranty of the Acer Iconia when you choose to install a custom recovery image on the tablet. You can return the tablet to the stock recovery and it will make the warranty start working again.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Acer Iconia A700
- Set up the adb on the computer and keep the folder with adb inside the same folder open on the desktop.
- Extract the ClockworkMod recovery image file on the desktop and copy the recovery file over to the same folder as your adb so they are both within the same directory.
- From within the same directory, hold down the Shift key and right-click the mouse on the white background of the folder and choose to open a new command prompt window here from the menu.
- Type your first command within the prompt window: “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Type the second command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery-a700-6015.img”.
- Type the last command: “adb reboot recovery”.
In conclusion, that’s how to install ClockworkMod recovery on the Acer Iconia A700 tablet so you can start taking full backups for the first time without the help of adb commands and a Windows computer. You should make sure you follow the last command and reboot the tablet directly to the recovery mode after flashing the custom recovery, otherwise the stock recovery might wipe over your work.