There is a new type of CWM recovery in town for the HTC Desire 510 called Philz Touch recovery. As most of you probably know Philz Touch is just like ClockworkMod, only it’s a touch recovery which the normal CWM recovery is not. However, if you don’t want to install TWRP on your HTC Desire 510, the Philz Touch recovery is the only other option and the closest thing you’ll find to installing the official CWM recovery.
The Files you need:
- Download the Philz Touch recovery from this XDA Developers thread (64-bit).
Installing the CWM touch recovery on the HTC Desire 510
- Disconnect the HTC Desire 510 from the computer.
- Completely power down the device by holding down the Power key.
- Hold the Power + Volume Down and boot it into the HBoot.
- Navigate using the Volume keys to select Fastboot from the menu.
- Now connect the HTC handset to the computer.
- Open the command prompt windows from inside the folder where you extracted the custom recovery by holding Shift and right-clicking an empty space and choosing to open the command window.
- Type your command that’s required to flash the recovery: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”.
Now your recovery should be flashed.
We recommend entering the custom recovery image after you’re done and navigating to the backup option from the menu. From here, you should take a backup of the current ROM. That’s called taking a NANDroid backup and it’s by far the most effective backup option Android has to offer. You must backup between flashing custom ROMs or else you’ll wipe the data if you follow the guide correctly. You should always be wiping between each ROM to make sure you install it cleanly.
You can use the same link we’ve provided above to get the full tips on unlocking the bootloader and gaining root access using your recovery image if you want to take things another step further.