A custom recovery is very similar to a stock recovery that comes with every Android smartphone and tablet. However, where the custom variant separates itself from the stock version is with added features. While stock specializes in performing a hard reset to effectively recovery the Android device, you can do much more from a custom version such as ClockworkMod like taking a Nandroid backup.
We are using the Odin application. The app is only made for Windows. There’s no use trying to install this one on your Max or any other machine because it will not work. Furthermore, as you can see in the title, it’s only for the G7102 variant of the second-generation Galaxy Grand. So, do not try installing this on any other device.
Details We Should Know
- You must have a Windows computer, notebook or laptop to finish the steps. You can use any Redmond operating system that’s from XP and up.
- You’ll need the USB drivers on the computer for your device.
- You’ll have to enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu.
- The following does void the manufacturer’s warranty on the phone. Therefore, if you still want to be able to take the device in for free service, you should not follow the guide.
- You can still flash a stock version of Android on your device manually and revoke the root access and custom recovery.
HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY [CWM] ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND 2 SM-G7102
- Download the unofficial ClockworkMod recovery image from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.07 here.
- Extract both the zip files on the desktop of the computer.
- Run the executable Odin file after you unzip the package.
- Connect the device to the computer in Download Mode.
- Press the Volume Down + Power + Home to boot in Download Mode before you connect the USB chord.
- You should see Odin tell you the device is added after plugging in the cable.
- If not you want to try download the latest USB drivers from the official website downloads page.
- Click the AP or PDA button.
- Search for the CWM file.
- Click the start button.
- Wait until the flashing finishes before unplugging the device.
It’s now time to find out how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 smartphone and get SuperSU installed on your device. By rooting the Grand 2 device, you are allowing some custom ROMs to be installed on your device and completing the customizing experience. Furthermore, you are adding the unique ability to install the root-requiring applications from sources online like the Google Play Store.