ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the most popular custom recoveries to install on Samsung devices. Development with ClockworkMod has stopped and the two main custom recoveries to install today are TWRP Recovery by Team WIn and CyanogenMod Recovery by the official CyanogenMod team. With that being said, ClockworkMod recovery is still being installed on a great many of devices and is still the favorite recovery to use for plenty of geeks out there.
These are the guidelines to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus smartphone.
Files You Need
- Download the CWM Recovery for the Core Plus from this page.
- Download the Odin flashing tool for the Core Plus from this page.
- Install the universal ADB Driver on your Windows computer before starting the guide.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus device that has the SM-G350 model number to follow this guide without bricking your device. You can check out the model number of your Core Plus by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy Core smartphone.
- Extract the universal ADB Driver package and run the file inside to have the universal ADB Driver working.
- Extract the CWM Recovery and the Odin package to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click over the Odin executable file so it is running on the computer.
- Make sure you deselect the Auto Reboot option from the Odin apps user-interface. The box should be empty when you flash.
- Do not make any other changes from the default settings you can see from the Odin user-interface.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus in download mode and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait a few seconds for the drivers to start working and check that by looking at the green ID: COM port.
- Click the AP or the PDA button from the Odin app on the computer.
- Browse the desktop location for the CWM file.
- Click the Start button and wait for the flash tool to flash the CWM on your Galaxy Core Plus.
- You should find the pass message on the Odin flashing tool.
reboot the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus directly to recovery mode during the first time boot back to normal mode. Those who do not boot directly to recovery mode run the risk of the stock recovery flashing back over the top after you install CWM Recovery. You’ll need to start the guide again if that happens.