YU Yuphoria is a budget phone launched in India by exclusive sale on Amazon. You can have this phone for only 6999 Rs. but for that you have to do an “e-fight” (add this phone on your cart ASAP). Well this phone has some good hardware and looks (except that weird-looking camera on the back). Today I’m gonna introduce you with a very new and latest Cyanogen Mod 12.1 ROM which is a replica of Android 5.1 Lollipop. However, first you need to root your phone.
CM 12 has some great features like live display, which prevent your eyes from any damage, notification manager, visual changes, gesture shortcut and many more which you going to experience on your device.
What you need:
- You need a PC with internet connection.
- A USB cable.
- Your phone with USB debugging enabled. Go to Settings > About Phone > tap on the build number 7 times. Come back to the Settings again and select Developer Options and enable USB debugging from here.
Make backup of all of your important data before installing this ROM on your phone because installing custom ROM will clear all the data stored on your phone. Sync your contacts to your Google account so it will be safe. You can also backup your important apps using Titanium app available for free on Google Play Store.
Steps to manually update YU Yuphoria to CM 12.1
- First you need to download CM 12.1 ROM zip file to your PC, do not unzip it.
- Now download the suitable G apps zip file from here, these are the stock Google apps came pre-installed to your device like G-Mail, You-Tube, Google Play Store and many more.
- Now Connect your phone to PC and move both zip file to your phone’s SD card, and disconnect it when done.
- Turn your phone off and boot it up by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, Volume Down key and Power key together.
- When you are in recovery mode, perform a factory reset followed by clearing cache.
- After that, go to the Advance menu and “clear dalvik cache” so you will not face any error during the installation process.
- Come back to the main menu and select “install zip from SD card”, navigate to the CM 12 ROM zip file and confirm to install.
- After that, install G apps zip file using the same process, this is important or you will not be able to use Google services on your phone.
- After all of the installation is done, reboot your phone to OS mode by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now you have very new CyanogenMod 12.1 OS on your phone. Don’t worry, this ROM doesn’t have any bugs in it. If you have any problems facing any problems installing custom ROM on your phone then you could contact me using the comment section below.