CyanogenMod is one of the popular custom ROMs available for Android devices out there. If you wish to give it a try on your T-Mobile LG G2, the following guide should help you do that.
Once you’ve got it up and running on your device, you’ll start to feel like you’ve got the real freedom to do literally everything on your device. The ROM won’t have any restrictions that your stock one does.
So, here’s how you can go about installing CyanogenMod on your LG G2 running on T-Mobile network:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can install a custom ROM. Please follow our guide on how to root the LG G2 (T-Mobile) to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. You can follow our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G2 (T-Mobile) guide to install a custom recovery on your device.
3. Download CyanogenMod for LG G2 to your computer. It’s the original custom ROM file that will be installed on your device.
4. This should erase all the data on your device. So make sure you back up your important files before going further.
Installing CyanogenMod on the LG G2 (T-Mobile)
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy CyanogenMod from your computer over to the SD card storage on your phone.
3. When it is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Quick Boot on your device.
5. Once installed, launch Quick Boot from your app drawer.
6. Tap on Recovery in the app and you’ll reboot into the recovery mode.
7. Once in recovery, select wipe data/factory reset. It should factory reset your device.
8. Then, select install zip from sdcard.
9. Select choose zip from sdcard. It should let you choose a ZIP file to be installed on your device.
10. Choose the CyanogenMod ZIP file to be installed on your phone.
11. Wait for it to install the selected ZIP on your device.
12. When it’s done, reboot your device.
13. And you’re all done.
That was quick! You’re now running the custom version of Android called CyanogenMod on your T-Mobile variant of the LG G2. Let us know how it works for you in the comments below.