If you’re bored with the stock ROM on your Xiaomi Mi4, you can go ahead and flash CyanogenMod custom ROM on your phone. As you may already know, CyanogenMod is a popular custom ROM that is available for a number of Android devices including your own Xiaomi Mi4.
Once the ROM’s up and running on your phone, you should be all set to enjoy the features that CyanogenMod brings for you. Don’t forget to check out the default revamped apps that you get with this ROM.
Files You Need
- Your phone must have a custom recovery before you can install CyanogenMod custom ROM on it. Please head to our how to install a custom recovery on the Xiaomi Mi4 tutorial to learn how you can flash a custom recovery on your phone.
- This should wipe off all the data stored on your phone. So, backup anything that you wish to keep.
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod and save it to your computer. It will be flashed on your phone.
Installing CyanogenMod on the Xiaomi Mi4
- Make sure that you have not extracted CyanogenMod archive. It must be in .zip format for it to be flashed through the custom recovery.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy CyanogenMod ROM .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When CyanogenMod is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Launch Google Play on your phone and search for and tap on Quick Reboot.
- Install the Quick Reboot app on your phone.
- When the app is installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Recovery in the app and it’ll reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
- Choose CyanogenMod .zip to be flashed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt and wait for it to flash CyanogenMod ROM on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing CyanogenMod, reboot your phone by selecting reboot system now.
- You’re all set!
The latest version of CyanogenMod is now running on your Xiaomi Mi4. Enjoy the cool new features that the CM team has to offer you!
If you ever wish to get back to the stock ROM, you can use our how to unroot the Xiaomi Mi4 which should help you flash back the stock ROM on your phone.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root Wiko Ridge 4G On Android 4.4.4
- How To Root Kyocera Event On Android 4.0
- How To Root LG Optimus G Pro Lite On Android 4.1.2
- How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 2
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.