As you all know that installing Android apps is now somewhat possible on Windows 10 Mobile, all credit goes to Project Astoria from Microsoft. You can now easily install selected apk to Windows 10 Mobile build 10512 (not on any other build), but there is some problem with the apps need Google Play service to work and giving error without the Google Play services like Google Maps, G-mail, and all other Google apps. But some developer finds a way to patch the apk and then you will be able to deploy and run all these apps quickly.
I shared the guide about installing Android apk on Windows 10 Mobile, if you haven’t read it yet then don’t worry today, i will tell you again how to deploy apk on Windows 10 mobile. First, you need to know that Project Astoria is not official yet so it can damage your phone, so better use the apk at your risk.
Now the precautions and preparations:
- First, you need to update your phone to Windows 10 latest build that is 10512.
- Perform this process very carefully, make sure that your phone won’t lose the connection during the apk deployment cause it may damage your phone.
- You should have a Windows PC for this, or you won’t be able to deploy apk to your phone.
Below is the list of all the devices which are supported , do not try to deploy apk on any other device cause it may damage your phone: Nokia Lumia 635 1GB of RAM, Nokia Lumia 730, Nokia Lumia 820, Nokia Lumia 435, Nokia Lumia 928, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon), Nokia Lumia 830, Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia Lumia 1520
How to install apk files to Windows 10 mobile
- Download the apk patcher and save it on your PC.
- Download apk deployer and save it also on your PC.
- Disable anti-virus (if any) on your PC so it won’t affect the installation process.
- Launch the apk patcher tool and patch the apk you want to install (how?… come on you are grown up now just open the tool and follow the steps).
- After patching save the patched apk to desktop (so you can find it easily).
- Reach your phone go to Settings > Update and recovery > enable device discovery and click on the pair, you will see a pop up with a code. Don’t touch the pop-up and connect your phone to your PC.
- Open apk deploy tool on PC and fill the code displayed on your phone to the tool and clicked on connect.
- After your phone has been connected to the tool, just select the patched apk from desktop and click on deploy.
- Wait for some time and your apk will get deployed, now you can launch the app from the app list.
In conclusion, that is everything you need to install the Gmail, Google maps, and the other Google stock apps from an APK file to Windows Phone 10 mobile devices. Now you can have most of the Google stock apps running on your Windows Phone 10 mobile so you can use all of the essentials that the Mountain View company has to offer. The Google stock apps are so important that even people who are installing custom ROMs often install the stock Google apps afterward so their new ROMs can be running on the same Google apps.