First, it was the Oxygen ROM and now Hydrogen ROM. I don’t know what to expect next from the OnePlus One team. This Hydrogen ROM is based on the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS and has a lot more changes on the interface level. If you are the person who likes to highly customize your phone’s like me then this ROM is definitely for you only. Get ready to experience Hydrogen ROM on your OnePlus One for the very first time. If you haven’t tried Oxygen ROM till now then go here to read about the installation of Oxygen OS on OnePlus One.
For this process, you need a PC, a USB cable and your phone rooted and a custom recovery should be installed on your phone. Moreover, make sure it is latest so it can support Android 5.0 based custom ROMs. Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 70% battery before going to install this ROM on your phone.
Backup all of your internal data stored on your phone because it is going to be erased during this installation process. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account or export them to your phone to make them secure. You can also backup all of your important apps using the Titanium backup app available for free on Google Play Store.
This Hydrogen ROM and installation process is only for OnePlus One only, do not try to install it on another device because it may damage your phone.
Steps to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based Hydrogen OS on OnePlus One:
- Download Hydrogen OS custom ROM zip file from here and put it on the desktop, do not unzip it.
- Go here and download Google apps zip file from here, download then one which is suitable with Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM.
- Plug in your device with your PC via USB cable and transfer both zip files to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC and reboot it into recovery mode. If you don’t know hot to boot your phone to recovery mode then first go to the Settings > Developer Options > check the Advance reboot option. Now press and hold power key and select “reboot” followed by “recovery” and finally tap on OK. Wait for some time and your phone will boot to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first tap on “backup” to back up your previous installed ROM so you can get back to it any time you want.
- Now after that you have to come back to settings and tap on “wipe” just uncheck “USB OTG” and internal storage option and confirm to wipe.
- Come back to the main menu and tap on “install” select the ROM zip file and confirm to install it on your phone.
- After that, you also have to install Google apps zip file in the same way as the ROM zip file.
- Now to go back to OS mode, tap on “reboot” then “system”.
Now get ready to witness Hydrogen ROM and share your experience with us right in the comment section below.