Anyone who is wanting to install a new custom ROM to get better battery life and better hardware performance should think about installing the Project Infinity custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the T-Mobile subscribers. The downsides with installing the Project Infinity custom ROM is that it is based on an older operating system than some of the others. The Project Infinity custom ROMs is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and anyone looking to turn that into a positive and not a negative should remember what a great operating system it was in its day.
These are the guidelines to install the Project Infinity custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone using a custom recovery and a Windows computer. You can use any custom recovery out there for your device so long as it gives you the chance to upload zip files — which most of them do. However, anyone who isn’t using the same custom recovery as the one in our guide will need to follow slightly different steps. The wording from the menus can change depending on which custom recovery you have installed, but you should have no problem identifying the differences between recoveries like TWRP and CWM Recovery images.
Files You Need
- Download the Project Infinity V10 custom ROM files for the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers from here.
You must install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile smartphone before you can follow this guide to change your ROM over for a new one. You can choose any recovery that is available out there or follow our guide to installing ClockworkMod Recovery. We recommend swapping over to TWRP Recovery when you get the chance, and our guides are always written with TWRP Recovery in mind.
Installing a custom ROM on any Android smartphone will void the warranty and it is to be considered as a high-risk activity. Swapping your stock ROM over for a new custom version can always brick the device. If you suffer from a bricked device, you are responsible for the problems.
Installing the Project Infinity V10 custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones
- Download the Project Infinity custom ROM zip file directly to the computer and have it on the desktop.
- Connect the T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you usually use to charge the battery on your device.
- Copy the Project Infinity custom ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card folder for your device.
- Unplug your T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone once you have the custom ROM zip file on your internal storage.
- Turn off the T-Mo S5 and boot it up into the recovery mode by using the Quick Boot app or by pressing the hardware key combination for that mode.
- Choose the option to Backup from the main recovery menu and follow the prompts to take the NANDroid Backup of your data.
- Tap on the Wipe button and it will wipe the data and then apply the factory reset that you need between flashing new ROMs.
- Choose the Install button from the main recovery menu and then browse the T-Mo S5’s internal storage SD card for the Project Infinity custom ROM zip file that you copied there earlier.
- Follow the on-screen commands to install your new ROM zip file and then choose the option to reboot the system from the main recovery menu when it’s done.
In conclusion, that is how to install the Project Infinity custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the T-Mobile subscribers. You will find the new Project Infinity boots up, and the stock ROM is gone as soon as your device boots back into the normal mode.